1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fuel pump install help !!!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by lousblk01gt, May 16, 2003.

1. lousblk01gt

Has anybody installed a fuel pump on a newer modular car? Need to splice in a new plug on for a Walbro GSS317 and not sure if a crimp connector is good enough or should it be soldered?

Not sure if shrink wrap will melt in gas. There are terminals under the lid (part that cover the big opening in the tank), that I could solder to.

Also the "bucket" that the pump sits in needs to be modified for the new pump to fit. Is it normal in this application for the filter to be outside of this 'bucket" where the factory one sits inside. The new filter is bigger so I don't see it fitting inside but could use another opinion.:)

2. snkypete

Lou you were popping in/out of IM last night, not sure if you got my msgs.....

I still would solder it.

Don't use shrink wrap, just leave it bare.

Yes, you have to cut the bucket...several have talked about having to modify it.

3. lousblk01gt

I'm thinking I could solder it those those terminals I was talking about. I'll post a pic of it later so everyone can see what the heck I'm talking about.:p

The lid that covers the opening in the tank has a plug on the top that is sealed to the lid. On the inside of the lid the terminals comes through and the wires from the pump are attached to this but they are not removable.

I'm probably making this harder than it really is but since I've never done one before . . . . . .:taunt: :D