1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

6.5 custom turbo diesel

Discussion in 'Turbo Diesel Forum' started by mcnally351, Jun 11, 2009.

1. mcnally351

I have a non-turbo 6.5 chevy diesel out of my work truck that rotted away, rip. The motor runs strong with under 200k. I plan to regasket every thing and fab up a budget turbo kit. Now my question is what do I need to upgrade other than the intake and headers. What do I need to change on the fuel system?? injectors from a turbo 6.5? fuel pumps?? Also this motor will be installed in an old gas powered truck. I was planning on using a mp70 turbo with custom hot side.

Any input is greatly appriciated, I'm new in the diesel game.

2. mcnally351

I guess this is too many questions, words, ignorance, or what??

3. snail mail

I'm pretty new on these chevy diesels too, all diesels in fact, but I put an ATS turbo kit on my 1987 chevy that has a 6.2. I just left my fuel system how it was, just turned the injector pump up by 1/4 turn. I installed ARP head studs to replace the crappy torque to yield bolts. Also, I installed a set of Pete Jackson timing gears. I'm not sure about the T70, somebody else might know.

A good site to check out is www.thedieselpageforums.com they are probably the best knowledge base on these engines and modifying them

4. silviaz145

i agree thanks

5. mcnally351

I'll check that out thanks, Joe