1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Thoughts on this meth setup

Discussion in 'Nitrous, E85, Methanol and Water Injection' started by Dsrtjeeper, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Dsrtjeeper

I live under a rock so this may be old news.
    Resized_Screenshot_20200807-095648_Facebook_20200807_095705.jpg #ad

2. Mnlx

Interesting idea, it's new to me too. Most just inject some pre compressor, along with some post. Also, most don't inject pre intercooler though if running one.

3. ocshaman

It's supposed to be about the same usefulness as pre-turbo, without risking the impeller blades.

4. Mnlx

I wouldn't have guessed that, I thought the goal was to inject on the low pressure side of the wheel.

5. ocshaman

That is the point of pre-turbo injection. But it risks damaging the blades of the turbo. Injecting in the volute avoids the blades, and injects at the hottest point.

flyinhillbilly likes this.
  6. underpsi68

I injected meth straight into Vortech inlet and never had any issues.

7. tbird

Buddy of mine had a vortech and mr.freeze on his car for a good ten years. No pitting or erosion.

8. mld54

That is the exact system I'm running. I haven't had it on the car long enough to get it completely sorted, but the car definitely likes it. I'm still on the first tank full, 80% meth 20% water (what Rodney @ Pro Meth recommended ). I do plan on trying different percentages. Haltech is controlling the pump activation and progressively controlling the solenoid. No intercooler on 93 octane. The old butt dyno says the car is stronger than ever.

One thing to note on that system is that the pump and solenoid can't handle hydrocarbons. If you use meth with upper cylinder lube or any type of hydrocarbons it will swell the seals. I use VP M1

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    Disney Lincoln likes this.
  9. Dsrtjeeper

Are you referring to the Mr. Freeze kit? It uses no electronics.

10. Disney Lincoln

I think he's talking about the one posted at the top since it has a pump.

Dsrtjeeper likes this.
  11. Dsrtjeeper

Well that makes sense. Lol.

12. mld54

I run the Pro Meth system in the first post.

Dsrtjeeper likes this.
  13. Forcefed86

Pre turbo doesn't damage the blades if done correctly... At least I've never seen it and I've run it on ALL my setups since 98 or so... and many other friends cars. What's in the picture is less efficient that spraying pre turbo. But makes for cool looks and packaging!

14. Dsrtjeeper

How do you have your pre turbo injection set up?

15. Forcefed86

You mean location? Depends on the car. But if you have a cone filter I like to put it at the top centered fired directly in the turbo. Also this way if your pump sticks on or malfunctions it won't dump a bunch of water in the turbo/engine. It just drips out the filter.

I run mine progressively off the MS3 ecu. Ramp it in slowly around 7lbs or so and full on at 20lbs at 10gph per turbo of 50/50.

16. Dsrtjeeper

That's a good idea. Thanks.

Forcefed86 likes this.