1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by 92whitelx, Dec 2, 2009.

1. 92whitelx

Hey guys right now i am running 1.6 ford racing products roller rockers arms and i have been running to some problems of them popping off the push rod and springs. I have adjusted them alot and also had some friends double check me. My question is i'm reving the car to 7000 rpms and the car is making 9 something hp and tq and dont want to have one of the rocker arms pop off during WOT. So should running a girdle fix the problem or do i need to upgrade to a shaft mount system. All info will be appreciated.

2. FNFAST

DO U HAVE THE CORRECT PUSHROD LENGTH?

3. 10secgoal

If your taking a hyd cam to 7k, that could be a problem.

4. 92whitelx

measured pushrod length with a solid lifter and yes it is a hydraulic cam

5. 1sicpny

So you measured the push rod length with solid lifter as for a solid roller cam? Is this correct?
    If so remeasure it with the right lifters. Unless you meant with the hydraulic roller lifter pumped up.

6. 92whitelx

what you do is take the hydraulic lifter and pull the spring out and flip the internals and put it back together then measure the length but you have to subtract like .020 from it. or just pump it back up like you said

7. Franz336

Have you considered running those retro fit lifters? They supposedly deliver better high rpm stability that a standard hydraulic lifter. I measured for pushrod length the same way you did. No problems yet. But I'm tearing back into the engine again to upgrade to retro fit so I can spin the engine higher.

8. Disney Lincoln

Yeah, like the others are getting at, it sounds like you're floating the lifters. What springs are you running? Might try going to a Beehive spring. An upgrade to 7/16" with a girdle will really help stability and should probably be done anyways at that RPM.

9. 92whitelx

Alrights thanks guys, the springs should be fine they have 150 psi seat pressure so it shouldnt be floating.