1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Tune it yourself setups hardware/software combo

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by vinniepearl, Nov 30, 2009.

1. vinniepearl

I'm interested in tuning my 94 mustang myself. I just started researching. What are some good combos? I've read about ostrich and fordemu setups, but from what I understand ostrich was replaced by quarter horse? Or fordemu was replaced by quarterhorse? I know of the anderson ford pms. I'm just trying to find the cheapest/best deal for the money that is a great combo.

Please share your knowledge.

Thanks,
    Tim

2. Zacharyx

I have been looking at MSII for a while, and will probably go that route on my Fox. There are a few on this board running it as well

3. LowBoostinT76

The mega squirt with the fuel and spark seems to be the best bang for the buck. I wouldn't waste my time with the pms, for less money there is much better.

4. vinniepearl

anyone use quarterhorse?

5. Disney Lincoln

I use the TwEECer/moates/QuaterHorse stuff mostly. I also use MS, BS3, AEM, FAST, etc. etc. just depends on the car, combo, and budget. If I could afford it, i'd have BS3 on all my cars!

6. Wild83C10

I use the Tweecer. I have heard the quarterhorse is better then the tweccer, but I can't say for sure as I haven't used Quarterhorse. The software that comes with the Tweecer and Quarter are not the greatest and to really help adjust the tune you will want to run different software.

Check this website out for more info:
    http://eectuning.org/forums/

7. Disney Lincoln

x2. I use Binary Editor.