1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Coyote cam sync

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Rip Rock, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Rip Rock

Heres my issue, I did switch setups again to a coyote engine. Now the ecu I’m running is a proefi 128 , had it in the car from the last install. The issue is the trigger pattern on the cam, there is multiple pic ups off of one camshaft on the backsides on them all.
    I was reading that I should use the pass side intake camshaft ( right head ) for cam pic up, and cut off all the pic ups off except one. The one pic up remaining should be in the center of the 3 cluster, if that makes sense, and the other 6 pics up cut off. In turn I want to make it like a 5.4 or a 4.6 trigger pattern , 36-1 crank and 1 cam.
    Can anyone verify this , or who has done something similar? Or should it be the drivers head ( left head), intake, or should the cam pic up be on the exhaust side of things.
    The phasers are locked out.

2. Rip Rock

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Here is more info incase someone needs it. I have found my answer and solution.

3. Disney Lincoln

I for one am dying to know the solution!

4. nxcoupe

Driver's side intake is what holley uses.

5. Rip Rock

Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe they use the passenger intake.

This quote is off of the Holley pdf file:

https://www.holley.com/products/fue...rd_kits/terminator_x_ford_kits/parts/550-1213

Open up harness instructions from the above link.

"There is a group of three sensors at the back of the engine toward the passenger’s side and connectors on the harness with matching labels. There is no connector for the B1 exhaust cam sensor (grey connector) or either cam sensor on B2 since the ECU only needs the B1 intake cam signal for the non-VVT applications. Note: Ti-VCT applications will have an additional harness that plugs into the other three cam sensors. "

Screenshot_20200730-215950.png #ad

6. nxcoupe

I'm a dumbass. Yes, I was thinking passenger and wrote driver for some reason.
    Yes, no modification on the cam either and def pass side intake cam sensor. That's how I've set up all the ones I've done.
    I did do something similar to what the OP is doing but with a 3V to use a 2V holley setup. Firing order had to be altered a bit if I remember correctly.

7. Rip Rock

Did you have to condition the vr crank sensor or cam digital sensor at all. Like a 1k on the vr or 2.2k.

8. nxcoupe

Nope, holley is plug n play.