1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

ported heads or not?

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by termcobra284, Jan 16, 2020.

1. termcobra284

ok so here we are I am upgrading heads on my 03 cobra. The build is teksid block, high c/r 11:5.1, custom todd warren cams, Sullivan/hpp intake set up e85 and 93 to sit in winter and get me to gas station. The turbo is a 76/85 precision pte with 1.12 ar. I have the chance to get 4 thread heads that are pnp with upgraded valves or I can also get 9 thread heads that stock both heads are fresh. The ported heads are 400 dollars more so money isn't a problem. Just need some input/thought which heads should I go with?

2. Disney Lincoln

The more power the engine can make NA, the more it will make boosted. In this case, i'd pony up for the ported heads, assuming they are ported properly and not by my blind uncle.

termcobra284 likes this.
  3. RussZTT

Depends. What are your goals with the car? What power do you want to make? What RPM’s will the engine see? I put down 863rwhp on 93 with twins and stock heads, the car never saw over 7k and was a 100% street car.

4. termcobra284

I will be turning 8k rpm with a single 76/85 turbo looking for 1000 hp

5. Mnlx

One thing to consider is that as you make more hp na, your turbo needs change. The more na hp, the more compressor you'll need.

6. termcobra284

sounds like ported heads will not hurt a bit in this case.

7. saltfever

Could you give a little bit more background on these cams. I just goggled "todd warren" and didn't find much. Is that someone at Bullet or it is a separate company? What influenced your decision on the cams? Many THANKS