1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Driveability with 1600 cc Injectors

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by ViperTT, Oct 8, 2008.

1. ViperTT

Love this forum, lots of very valueable info. :D

I have a built 510 TT Viper GTS with twin 76s. AEM, fuel system etc..
    Current fuel system is (2) A-1000 Aeromotive Fuel pumps and RC 1200 cc injectors (114 lbs. at 55 psi)
    I'm the process of finishing up the car, and want to make as much power as possible on E-85(1100 to 1200 rwh), and the rest on C-16. I'm thinking I got plenty of fuel pump as these new pumps are rated at 800 lb/hr at 60 psi each. I'm afraid I might be short on injector, not sure, But I was thinking of maybe going up to the 1600 cc's.

This car is 100% streetable, I can go to cruises, stay in traffic with AC on for as long as needed, take the wife to dinner or a nice club. It just drives like a stock GTS until you smash the throttle. I don't want to sacrifise any street manners with the bigger injectors AT ALL!

Those of you out there with the 1600 cc's how does the car behave in the street under normal conditions?
    thanks for reading!
    JC

2. JZ 97 SS 1500

JC's with the AEM , the 160's will not be a problem. The bosch are decent even under small pulsewidths. Our Supra customers run the AEM's with 160's as well...no problems.

3. ViperTT

Thanks Jose. Are you sure the streetability will be 100%?
    BTW, I have the AEM with the peak and hold injector driver..

4. JZ 97 SS 1500

Yup, shouldn't be a problem. But, I can tell you who to talk to if you want. His name is InjectorDude on this board and he is a good buddy of mine. He is the man when it comes to injectors....also they have new injectors out that will flow TONS of fuel, idle great and are rated smaller, but can take ALOT of pressure. I like running smaller rating and higher pressure on street cars, but your borderline with running E85. You will need 30-35% more flow vs petro.

5. S-K SPEED

should not be a problem with AEM setup granted everything else is tuned and set right
    Like stated before though you will need around 30% more fuel flow with the E85 vs. gas,

6. ViperTT

Well, a friend with the same set up just did this:

Gasoline
    .85 DC
    104 lbs. Hr Injectors ( RC 1200 CC's)
    43.5 base Fuel pressure
    27 lbs. of boost
    1450 rwhp SAE.

Now, when I go to the www.rceng.com, and plug in his numbers I get a .67 BSFC.

I get the .67, multiply times 1.4 = .938

I plug back this new BSFC of .938 for E-85, increase the Fuel pressure to 55 psi (since my fuel pumps are bigger than his and can handle the load) , and I start pluging in HP numbers (in the RC web site work sheet to size injectors) until I get 114 lb/hr injectors, which is what my injectors are rated at 55 psi.

When I do this , the work sheet in the RC web site works out to 1250 rwhp... Even assuming some margin for error, would it be safe to assume I could see over 1100 rwhp with my current set up?

7. ViperTT

Would these be the 5 ohm?, or 3 ohm?

8. gryphon68

Yes, you should upgrade the injectors with E85 for those HP numbers.

I think you are borderline on pump capacity.

9. svooh

That should still be enough for over 1400hp on E85. Maybe some of you guys are basing numbers on 8-injectors by default?

I just did a TT '99 RT/10. Twin 61's with a set of 60's and a Split Second fuel/timing calibrator... Works like a champ! :2thumbs:

10. 10secgoal

Is this Viper silver by chance ? ;)

11. ViperTT

Matt, tell me more about the set up. Fuel Pumps?, injectors? how much rwhp on E-85? how much boost?
    thanks!
    JC

12. svooh

Tuned on gasoline. Not looking for near what you are, but it should work for 800 at the tires. I have an RSI triple-255 hanger in the tank (yes, with THREE 255's), feed with a -10, return with a -8, and I used the integral fuel-passages in the intake manifold with some side-feed 60# injectors from Roe.

It's "budget" build if there is such a thing on a Viper. I drove it to work today, need to change the throttle-tip-in fuel...it stumbles for a second...a bit rich. Cruise is great and boost is better. lol.

13. Dart_388

At 1000 RWHP your A-1000's will start falling off. I switched to 3 Walbro GSL392's and haven't looked back at 1300rwhp.

14. slow67

I'm all about the belt drive :D no noise and no current draw

15. ViperTT

I have TWO of the A-1000 fuel pumps...

on the 1600 cc injecotrs, does it make a difference if they are 2.3 ohms, or 5 ohms?

16. slowstang101

i thought a single A1000 is good for 700 boost hp, so two of them are good for 1400 but thats fwhp not rear wheel