1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Pony Down or HP kit with an AOD??Anyone?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by LowTensLX, Oct 12, 2008.

1. LowTensLX

I have a stage 3 Pony Down kit with a 3.5" down-pipe and I have a nice lead on a well built AOD and convertor for a great price. I welded my down-pipe up to fit around my old C-4 with a 157T bell, but I'm worried that my down pipe might not fit with the larger bell/flex-plate (164T)/starter location of the AOD. Is there anyone out there running a passenger side turbo kit with an AOD? I would really like to try it, but I'm not looking to completely refab my exhaust at this point to make it work.

Let me know you success and/or horror stories on this one!

2. brookins

i've got hp stg 3 street kit with an aod. i had to beat the floor/firewall area with a bfh to get the downpipe to clear where it passes the starter. then it got really fun when i went to a jw bell. i had to grind some on the bell there to clear. i've heard of guys fitting a 4" though so you should be alright with the 3.5"

3. LowTensLX

what gears are you running, brookins?

4. brookins

3.55's