1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

351w Mexican Block

Discussion in 'FAQ's, Turbo Info, and the archives' started by excel_autoparts, Nov 24, 2004.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. excel_autoparts

I found a 351w Mexican block and I need to know how strong is this block?
    I already have a D4AE block that's 30 over for my 418 stroker but if the Mexican block is stronger I would rather build it.
    What should i do?????

2. gt40_5.0

wow i never even heard of a 351w mexican block ...i would like to know also if it is stronger.

3. Want351WTT

351W mexican

Yes, the mexican blocks are considered to be stronger.

4. rebels

Re: 351W mexican

I"m sure its a 302 block. :huh:

5. ziptie007

I know for a fact the 302 blocks are better but I heard the 351 blocks might be the same as a 351 block of that year. Nothin special on them but thats all from reading on the 351 block. i have never actually seen one.

6. renagadecoupe

i have pics of a 351w mexican block and the provisions and webbing are thicker in all places except for the front on the motor in side the timing chain area,other than that thicker valley,thicker casting,just plain better than my already 74 block i have here are the pics..and it is not a 302

7. ziptie007

wow go figure... I learned some thing new. I wonder if it has the 69 351 specs.

8. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

that is only the second one I have ever seen. So I dont know...but can I get pictures of the webbing on the mains? as the front look weaker and thinner. I wonder if the mains are heavier?