1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Pony Down FAQ's

Discussion in 'FAQ's, Turbo Info, and the archives' started by pdp_93GT, Aug 10, 2006.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdp_93GT

I have a ponydown kit on order and I just had a couple of questions for anyone that may already have the stage II kit. I read on another post that ponydown's new standard for the wastegate is to vent to the atmosphere.

1.Is the wastegate vented into the downpipe or is it dumped into the engine compartment directly to the atmosphere?

2. Is it necessary to buy the march alternator bracket or would it be better to buy a turbo blanket instead?

Thanks for any input. :2thumbs:

2. ziptie007

I'll answer the questions for ya.

The vented to atmosphere is that the wastegate will be bolted rite above the crossover pipe on the passenger side and it will bolt up to the 38mm flange on the tial ring side and then the other side will just be open. the old setup was mounting the wg by the valve cover and then plumbing it back into the dp.

No its normally required to use a march alt kit on the s2 single turbo kits.

Third, a turbo blanket is a option. some people like them to keep the heat down but i would say about 70% of people don't run one.

I hope that answered all your questions

3. pdp_93GT

Thanks, which march alternator bracket do you sell and if I order from the website will it arrive before the rest of the kit?

4. ziptie007