1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

BS3 users how ....

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by BigDog-Racin, May 16, 2007.

1. BigDog-Racin

have you guys wired your data logger replay option, jus strainght to a toggle switch or has anyone used a relay with a toggle switch? the reason i ask cuz in replay mode it doesnt record very long(18 sec i think) and from my understanding it is triggered my the TPS% you set it at(after arming the toggle switch) but cant you trigger it too early by accident in the beams? maybe im over thinking this. i thought of running a relay between toggle switch and BS3 that interupts the power to it while im on the T brake, sorta like a NOS car when it leaves on the spray, hitting the t brake momentarly kills the power to the solenoids. like said maybe im over thinking this but im jus curious as to how everyone else wired theirs. thanks

sammy

2. Don Bailey

Sammy don't do that. It needs to see the arm wire at 12v+ BEFORE the TPS threshold. On the trans break you would already be 100% TPS.

3. BigDog-Racin

ok , gotcha, ill jus wire it to the toggle switch. don where do u set the TPS at? i jus thought i might trigger to soon by accident

sammy

4. ShaneH

I have my tps % set at 50%. The switch is on the outside of the car and I have someone flip it when I hit the prestage beam.

5. Drlee50

you can change the record time as well in the logging options. i think it will record like 40 minutes or something.

6. ShaneH

A replay can only have a max of 18 seconds. A log can have a max of 30 seconds.

7. Drlee50

i stand corrected-- the data acquisition feature allows 5.5 min of certain data to be recorded. my bad. not sure where the hell i saw 40 min data log info??

8. BigDog-Racin

40 mins? great!!!! have nuttin to worry about lol. i thought i was misunderstanding somin but i guess it is only 18 sec in replay mode. now i know why so may ppl have there switch on the out side

sammy

9. MEAN_SBC

And is pin A on the boost plug the yellow wire??? I've messed with mine, and messed with mine, and I can't get it to data-log internally. :(

10. BigDog-Racin

ill check tomorrow for ya

sammy

11. MEAN_SBC

lol.. Thanks man, but I figured it out tonight... Let it be known that the internal data log trigger wire is the PINK WIRE IN THE BOOST PLUG!!!!! I got it workin tonight. :D

12. ShaneH

You shouldn't necessraily go by the color of the wire. On my harness, it's yellow.

13. MEAN_SBC

There's a yellow wire on one end, and a pink wire on the other. It's labeled "pin a" in the instructions, but the plug doesn't have letters on the pins. So either one could be A. It turned out to be the pink one on mine.