1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

PMS USERS

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Thunder5.0, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Thunder5.0

Why do I have to keep on unplugging and replugging the PMS to work?

2. stroker351

You shouldnt have too do that!!! Check this site out stangtuning.com!!!! Might find some info of there!!! :2thumbs:

3. 19TURBO95

Do you have to unplug it because it freezes up?

4. Drlee50

check your ground

5. Thunder5.0

Sometimes it freezes up. Today it was perfect. :noidea:

6. 19TURBO95

Yeah mine kept freezing up when the car would cut out and I would have to unplug it. On my car I would hit four thousand rpm and my car would just cut out. I thought it was spark blow out so gapped the plugs closer, that did nothing. Then replaced my wires because they were old and that didn't do it. So took it to a different dyno shop that actually had a car with my exact set up. Well he couldn't get the thing running right so ripped it out and put a chip in instead and it runs fine now. The shop has returned several of them and the PMS went lean on the shop car one night and blew the engine.

7. Thunder5.0

That blows. Mine works ok but I can't get it to work at wot. Any ideas?

8. 19TURBO95

I was in the same boat. I can drive in part throttle mode fine but the WOT the car would cut out. What series is it? Does this happen in stand alone? Have you had it tuned or are you tuning it yourself?

9. Thunder5.0

It's the new one. I just got it last week from AFM. I'm trying to tune it myself. Stand alone mode does not help at all. Car just goes rich and bogs. I know there has to be a way around this. Like I said before, it drives good when cruising, idles fine, and hot starts with no problem. I just can't figure out WOT. :bang:

10. 19TURBO95

Your in the same boat I was. I tried messing with just the WOT setting and couldn't figure it out so tried stand alone and same deal. Have you tried taking out some fuel ?

11. Thunder5.0

I spoke to Rick Anderson today on the phone and he said that I have to program the tps to wot on the PMS. That is where I'm having my problem. If I can fix that, I should be alright :hmm:

12. 19TURBO95

Oh yeah. That could do it. When you have it calibrated to your tps then you should be able to just have key on engine off and go WOT and the PMS will display it.

13. Thunder5.0

Spoke to Rick again. Now it works :cheers:

14. 19TURBO95

Awesome. Wish mine worked.

15. 13oosted coupe

Just want to say I have the new pms . Just adding 2psi , some timming and playng with the afr 11.4 . I picked up 8 mph in the 1/8 . This thing is like a secret wepon .

16. jeepwilson

I have a ms that needs to be upgraded.One guy that has a turbo car near me and tunes cars said the only thing he ever had problems with a pms was you would be driving along and it was lose it`s settings.But I need to get upgraded and put it in and try.I just hate to put 400+ dollars in it but oh well.