1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Going Crazy Someone please help

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 1994snake, Jun 5, 2005.

1. 1994snake

I tried to do the WOT on the freeway but the highest this thing will go is 3500 or so Cannot understand what is going on unless that is normal in this stage. Anyways I ran the Take 3 Cal and made a bunch of logs hopefully you can make heads or tails of them. One note no matter what I do with the cal file when it is warmed up or not when I turn on the A/C the car stalls. I am not sure what I can adjust for that and also the radiator fan kicking on also can really surge the motor. Just thought you might want to know this. Some backfiring as well. Engine stays cool though.

http://forum.aempower.com/bbs/download.php?id=3638

2. Drlee50

i dont know much about the aem, but it sounds like an ignition problem or timing problem. is the distributor phased in properly? you running a crank trigger or what? dont keep reving it to the limit until you figure out the problem. obviously it isnt going to fix itself at this point. more detail on the setup would help.