1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

94 Cobra. Tweecer RT and MSD 6BTM

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Turbosnake, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Turbosnake

So I could use some help in sorting things out before I bolt it all together.

I'll be tuning with the Tweecer RT (which I have) and just so happen to have an MSD 6BTM.

Should I bother with the 6BTM or just use the RT to pull timing? Will I gain anything from the spark output by the 6BTM over stock ignition with a good coil?

Basically I could sell the 6BTM for more project money.

Thanks

2. 95MustangGT331

With tweecer you can change the whole spark table based on load and rpm

3. Turbosnake

So, since the tweecer (or ford ECM rather) doesn't boost reference i can only pull timing based on load not boost. Which would be the better option, retard timing for load or for boost? I'm guessing load.

Thanks

4. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Ultimately boost is an indirect measure of load (for the sake of tuning). I prefer load, since it's actually the amount of air going into the engine.

5. 95MustangGT331

I'm tuning my sn95, load works great. I can send you a tune to compare if you had binary editor, which I HIGHLY recommend.

6. Turbosnake

Well I do have BE as my modular foxbody has a Tweecer. A good tune to look at would be helpful. I imagine I'll need lots of help in that department when it's all together.

7. Disney Lincoln

Sell BTM. Buy Crane box. Adjust timing with BE.