1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Pms users boost table?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by cobranick, Mar 23, 2014.

1. cobranick

My question is if you have Max psi at 20psi and Max timing pulled at -20deg and you overboost (lets say 25psi for example) will it pull more than -20deg of timing? Or pull a Max of -20deg at anything over 20psi of boost?

2. supedstang

It will use the 20psi setting. I always set mine higher than what my max boost is just to be safe.

3. cobranick

I just don't like when I want to crank the boost up a couple of pounds that I have to go back and set the timing. I was thinking about settting the max boost a little lower than my actual boost. so when I go up 2 or 3 pounds it will stay at 17 deg timing. does that make sense?

4. supedstang

I would set the boost table to the highest and then set the table how you want, you can go to single cell edit and set it however you want. this way you will only have to set it once and then can play with the boost levels and the timing will be where you want for a certain boost level.

5. cobranick

I never thought of it that way. I will try it when I get out of work. Thanks!