1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

General accessories ran??

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 71boosted, Jul 9, 2014.

1. 71boosted

What are most of you guys running as far as accessories. Are many of you running a/c? Given I'm aiming more for the GM BBC guys but in general. I'd like a/c but it's not quite necessary. I plan on PS guaranteed. What's the drag of the a/c for the street strip guys and are you using the stock belt and bracket systems with no hiccups? Thanks everyone

2. pavementpounder

I run everything as stock, I do use a smaller crank pulley:

[​IMG]#ad

3. 71boosted

So if I were to find a stock serpentine system off the early 90s 454 would it fit the older blocks?

4. pavementpounder

Yes absolutely, bud do remember that the serpentine system uses a conunter clockwise waterpump, unlike the clockwise V belt waterpump.

5. 71boosted

Ya well maybe ill find brackets and stick with the old version and go that route unless I can find the serpentine and water pump for decent to fit my gen block. Since I did but brand new WP. Though I have zero brackets purchased