1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Plz help

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Viqaas, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Viqaas

Hi i just bought a new second hand turbo today and thought is open it up and give it a clean in side I'm now putting it bk to get her its a bit dry inside so do i use a bit of grease in side It i seen some 1 use Vaseline wot 2 do?

2. boostcreep81

Dry where? If its the center housing just pour some oil in it and blow it through lightly til it drips out the return. U can put a lil oil on the compressor o ring if it has one, ive never oiled or greased the turbine side tho

3. Viqaas

Ok it's not the turbine inside part it's where these small metal pins are and there's a ring that goes around it i cłeaned it all it was full of carbon and I've put a small amount of castrol multipurpose grease in it around the ring and pins image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

4. M&M Turbochargers

u might use some anti-seize on the bolts and where the center section meets the turbine housing