1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Plugs and wires for a 302 turbo fox

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Backdraft, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Backdraft

Got a 302 SBF in a Fox body, gt40 iron heads, 9.0 Compression ratio, 8 -10 # boost from a single turbo, looking for plug and plug wire recommendation.

2. ducatibrian

What header setup? How close will the wires be?

3. Backdraft

Headers...I was told custom...not to bad, can be used without any insulation sleeves...however, I do have sleeves on some wires.

4. scoates

I have been running the accel wires that have ceramic boots on them. A little pricey but thay have held up good for a while now.

5. ducatibrian

I like the firecores with some heat sleeving, if needed

6. 302andsome

Cant beat the firecore 50 wires

7. 408WCJ5

Run a couple heat ranges colder and Id just get some boots and run what you have for wires. I ran the ford motorsport blue wires with no issues. Just put boots on the ones that were close.

8. ignored281

On the GT40's I dont know what would work best... 90º or 45º boots.

Im using the MSD wires. They came with a straight boot and weren't going to work. So I bought eight 45º boots. Cut the wires to length (came with 4 -5 inches extra) and crimped on the boots. Worked out well.