1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Placement of nitrous nozzle with turbos?

Discussion in 'Nitrous, E85, Methanol and Water Injection' started by cp5899, Sep 10, 2003.

1. cp5899

I have a nitrous kit on my lightning with the twin turbo setup. Right now I have it threaded into the TB. Someone told me I should tap it into the intercooler intake tube so that it sprays into the intercooler.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Craig

2. LRD VDR

Its being forced fed, I'd keep it

where you got it.

Shahram

3. Snipe656

Yeah, where you have it will be just fine and dandy.

4. Mustang50

If you want to cool the intercooler that would work but feeding it into the motor is much more fun and a lot more of a power adder.

keep it:D

5. BlackMagic94

The reason you want to spray into the intake and not the intercooler is that it will have less time to heat up and will effectively cool the charge even more

6. dsman

I think he's talking about placing the nitrous nozzle in the inlet stream still, but spraying it before the intercooler. Which makes me think that would be a bad idea, because wouldn't fuel condense in the intercooler? :confused:

7. cp5899

dsman,

thats what I am talking about. Having the nozzle up stream of the intercooler, but I guess it wouldn't be any better than just into the TB.

Thanks
    Craig

8. Traction Issuez

leave it
    issuez