1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbos on a budget and powdered rods

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by 02GTGuy, Jun 7, 2014.

1. 02GTGuy

Hello all, joined a while ago and haven't been very active, I finally have my life steady enough and a nice job so i think my turbo dreams may finally come true.

Questions: any 4.6 guys here run autocross, open track, and maybe visit the drag strip occasionally? I intend for my car to run low numbers in the quarter but retain drivability for racing in a non-straight line. Would like to know an upgradable cheap (relatively) kit for a stock engine, because my forged one isn't going to be possible anytime soon, I have considered HP twin turbo, but don't like what i saw on the site about spool time on their dyno. Single seems to lack power up top for when i do hit the strip, but what do i know?

ANY help in this matter would be appreciated.

2. Jeremy

Single sounds right for you, will have a wider power band and be just fine up top. Twins do hit alot harder up top they just keep pulling. I have had both setups. A billet 67mm turbo with a smaller ar keep in under 450-500rwhp on the stock block.

3. 02GTGuy

Thanks Jeremy. About what would I be looking at as far as RPM where boost starts coming on with a 67mm?