1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Pinion Angle ?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by colormebad, Aug 10, 2012.

1. colormebad

Looking at the angle finder from the pass side, i have 1-1/2 to the left of 0' which is pinion down from what i can remember..I have 2-1/2 to the right of 0 on the driveshaft...So what do i have here or what setting do i need to go with on the pinion...Getting older and forgot its been soo long since i set pinio angle..

2. 99TTGT

here you go
    http://www.wolferacecraft.com/pinionangle.aspx

3. BoostedBadBoy

I can tell you from experience going negative on the preload on the pinion will put the front end hanging in the air, faster than you can say oh shit this is gonna hurt, lol And costs a lot if you weren't expecting it. So study that guide good buddy. I wish I knew then what I know now... lol :thumbsup:

4. Rickracer

If I'm reading that right, you have 4° negative pinion angle. For a lot of vehicles with stock bushings (leaf spring or trailing arm), 4° negative is about right. It will come up to near 0° while accelerating. There is a chart in that link posted above that is pretty accurate as a "general rule", but YMMV, ;):coolio: