1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Piggyback stock ecu with Holley efi

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Jem2691, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Jem2691

I have 01 mustang 4.6 2v with a 80mm turbo. Does anyone know how to piggyback the stock ecu with a Holley efi so I can retain my factory gauge cluster?

2. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Any reason you can't use SCT or HP Tuners with the stock PCM for your EFI, since it's already there?

3. Jem2691

The holley system is more efficient and has a faster processing speed. I can run higher rpms and boost using Ls coils without spark blowout. Also its suppose be easier to tune.

4. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Okay, just wondering. For most applications, boost included, the factory PCM is up to the task, but if you're wanting to spin it faster and go higher boost I can see going with something else. Though GMS coils and their solid core spring replacements can help a little with the spark issue, as well as swapping in a faster EEC-V. I guess it all depends on how fast you plan to spin the motor and how high of boost you're aiming for ?

5. ashford

iv'e done a a few times with megasquirt. you just need to add a seperate ect for the holley then hopefully share the crank sensor without issue. the ford ecu has a high resistance input on the crank sensor so it shouldnt be an issue. the factory pcm does not need the cam sensor to work

6. Jem2691

Thanks