1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Pictures of my new setup 351w with a B&G t70

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by blown90gt, Dec 25, 2005.

1. blown90gt

Pictures of my new setup 351w with a B&G t70

Hey guys here is a picture of my new setup. The pic is a little big sorry bout that. Also, do you guys know how to reroute the wires in the engine bay so that they will be hidden. I have seen people do this before but I don't know where they are putting the wires.

[​IMG]#ad

2. turbothis

Re: Pictures of my new setup 351w with a B&G t70

i envy your huge picture. :bang: you might want to put some heat reflective tape on the inlet tube, it looks mighty close to the turbine housing. other than that i like it. i plan on getting a 351 soon for my mustang duece.

3. blown90gt

Thank you for comments. I am going to actually buy one of those sleeve or wrap things for my down pipe. I am also looking to get a turbo blanket as well. I painted the engine bay that ugly yellow one day when I was bored. I painted it with a can of spray paint. I really do regret doing that now. The thing looks like crap but it should be fast. It sounds real mean with just the downpipe and no exhaust. I haven't decided which mufflers to run on it yet. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,
    Ken

4. tom351

you can re-route alot of the wires to the inside of the fenders...

5. blown90gt

Do you have to cut a hole in the engine bay to get the wire harness into the fenders?

Regards,
    Ken

6. turbothis

the yellow looks clean to me. ;)

7. 88mustang

There is already a hole in the back of the shock tower. You will need to protect the harness because the edge is sharp. Getting it back into the engine bay might require some drilling depends on how you route the harness. Make sure you keep the wires away from the springs and struts.

8. blown90gt

I have my fuel lines running through that hole already. My fuel lines are close to the struts near the top of them. That piece doesn't move does it? Also, thanks for the yellow comment.

Ken

9. papis408w

Ken, you got to do something about that yellow/blue combo :moa:

call me tomorrow on the dual sync

10. 4to8

:chacha: :2thumbs: :chacha: :2thumbs:

11. random-strike

sweet turbo, im lookin to buy one... hows that stock radiator workin out for ya

12. blown90gt

I don't know yet. I haven't got to really drive it much. Still chasing a few gremlins before I get it tuned. I am more than likely going to ditch the radiator for an aluminum one. Also, that radiator is a little thicker than the one that was originally in the car.

Wilson, don't pick on my colors! hehe

Ken

13. wldtang

what intercooler are you using? Did you have to relocate your oil filter?