1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

pics of Turbo Engineering low mount kit

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by dman, May 11, 2004.

1. dman

After many months I finally got together some pics of the old Turbo Engineering kit. It was a well layed out design that didn't require moving any accessories or even the battery for that matter. Just a minor hose relocation on the power steering pump. I'm not even sure this is the proper forum for this but atleast the pics are here for the moderators to put where they see fit.

2. dman

another

3. dman

even the swaybar can stay in it's stock location. We had to clearance the swaybar frame mount for this set-up but i believe it has to do more with the K member than the kit. On a factory k member car we didn't have that issue.

4. dman

and one more

5. JeffFoster

Cool kit - I remember the same kit on a 93 Cobra a long time ago in one of the mustang rags.

I noticed that the turbo mounts pretty far outboard - I have large front tires on my car which rub that inner skirt at full lock. Would that interfere with the turbo?

Jeff

6. dman

the turbo sits in front of the tire, i never had any clearance issues with the factory pony wheels....

7. Trentk

that is pretty cool stuff, thanks for sharing. If you can try to get pics with the pipes hooked up.

Thanks!

8. Eric88T

What size turbo is that? I've give my left nut if someone made one like that for a 351W.

9. dman

TrentK, the kit is no longer on that car and there is no intercooler or pipes as of now. But I will take photos when i get an intercooler and start the assembly process.

eric88t, thats a PT&E T74..... this kit would be very easy to make...

10. turbostang

I have a TT kit on my 351W - It works great. I love it.

edit - search under my name for "can you find the turbos" There are some fairly recent pics of my kit in there.

11. twofast

oil return requires a pump?

12. dman

yes it does

13. turbostang

.. and trust me.. You know when the pump doesn't work.

14. Jeff H

Which pump are you going to use?

15. dman

this turbo kit came with a "water puppy" pump with an impeller that can handle hi-temps and oil.. they do work but i am looking into something alittle better.

16. grape

mine had a tilton......and it was a '93 cobra in the march '97 issue of some ford magazine......I'd have to dig it out.

17. JeffFoster

Yours might be the one I remember seeing - cool setup.

18. Rods

Was it the red cobra ? , i have the mag ,...

IVAN ( turbo89) was supposed to b building this kit , even a twin setup supposed to b out by this time butt i havnt heard nothing

is that turbonators old kit ??

19. Kerrdogg

It's what was left after UPS got there paws on it.

20. JeffFoster

Dman - I dont suppose you could post a few more pics from different angles? Would like to see more on the routing of the downpipe and maybe some more take from a little farther away on the turbo side.

Thanks!
    Jeff