1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Pics of my 65 mustang

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 65mustang, Jan 11, 2008.

1. 65mustang

Wanted to share some pics of my ride. It had a D3C procharger and vortech aftercooler, set up for SSO and drag radial. Now I am going with a 400 inch, 106MM turbo being built by Uratchko racing!!! Car is a 25.2, ladder bar car.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. DBEAU2

Do you have more pics of it finished? I really like the way that car looks and there is not to many of them racing nowdays. :bow:

3. 88foxbody

Love the color, is it from PPG? would like to have that color code if you have it. working on another project that this color would look good on. thanks,

4. 65mustang

I will post more pics. The color is actually a 2004 mustang color, called redfire. I did all the body work and paint work.

Thanks for the comments guys!

5. bfondren

that thing is right!!! very nice car. i have 67 fastback very similar that i have bracket raced for 15 years and i am currently restoring, also with a 106 turbonetics.

6. TurBo RG

Very nice...If only my 65 looked that good. :clap2:

7. stretchb

i think u need more cage :D

love that car :2thumbs:

wanna trade :D

8. ShaneH

F'ing AWESOME!!!

9. 73Runabout

That thing is bad to the bone. What front suspension are you running?

10. larouchedem

Very nice! I really like the chrome on the front end. When I was younger, I was a "think lighter" type. Now, the old stuff with chromed bumpers and whatnot are so nice to see.

Dave

11. 302andsome

+1 on that

Gorgeous.

12. 65mustang

Here are more pics.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

As for front suspension, struts and knuckles out of a 94 mustang with a coil over set up right now. But I am switching to strange GT struts soon.

13. montelius

Great looking car! Thanks for sharing!

14. Turbohwagon

holy shit, thats alot of rollcage!!! did you cut your shock-towers at all???

15. aod92

That car is sweet!

16. 65mustang

Yes I notched the shock towers. No upper control arms any longer. Plus the new engine will be a 9.2 deck with BF202 heads, it wouldn't fit between the shock towers!!!! The car is 25.2, it does still have the stock rear frame rails, but they are no longer a structural member of the car. Everything attaches to the roll cage going to the rear, basically a tube frame car from the firewall back, just in case I ever wanted to remove the stock rear frame rails completely and wanted to go outlaw 10.5 racing!!!

17. racesloth

I love 65's, as a matter of fact the only two mustangs I would own are the fox notchbacks or the 65's - I made an offer on 65, before I bought the turbo set-up

18. Injected65

Beautiful looking car. I'm jealous. It sure makes me want to spend some time and money on my 65 trunk car thats been collecting dust for several years. Good luck with the car.

Chris

19. linkmustang

god damn love it

20. Turbohwagon

do you have anymore pictures of the struts and knuckles??? are they just out of a fox body? if so, how did the lower balljoint fit into the controll arm, i wana cut my shock-towers, but i dont wana dole out the cash for the heidts elim kit, if you dont wana post the pics/info you can just email me all the pics and info ([email protected])