1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Pics of how you routed your wastegate back to exhaust

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by JOHN 86GT, Sep 29, 2013.

1. JOHN 86GT

[HR][/HR]Does anyone have pics of how you routed your waste gate back to exhaust . (this is for a foxbody Hellion heat gen 2 stock k member

2. XBRED1

Is this a street car or race car? I ask because if its a race car why not let them vent to atmosphere?

3. JOHN 86GT

It is a street car . I like the way the car sounds before the waste gate opens:cool:

I did locate someone local with the same kit and will be looking at how he did his.

4. my8950

I have mine just open now but would also like to get it back into the exhaust as well... sometime...

5. JOHN 86GT

It will be done in 3-4 months when the snow melts ...

6. boostcreep81

Ive always read that its best to plumb it back in about 18" downstream and have it enter at an angle to help eliminate reversion. I see alot of people plumb then close but I think it causes more creep

7. 71swing

[​IMG]#ad

Bare with me. Doing this from my phone since work has decided to firewall everything enjoyable. The above picture is of my DIY setup. Dont laugh at my welds. Because I welded that shit while it was on the car without removing it. Haha. Anyway that's not much help because I have a k-member and I think the Hellion wastegate is on the inside of the piping. I would need some pictures posted of your ride to help choose the best route for piping. I would have to see how much room you have to work with down around the k-member and starter. if your watsegate is where I think it is with a stock k member maybe your best bet it to route it like the old B&G kits where it has tubing come straight up to the tubo. Mounts the wastegate right by the turbo which will 90* the piping tord the down pipe and then simple merge it in.

I ran open wastewater before piping it back in and never again will I do that for street car. I couldn't hear myself think when that damn thing opened. my friends didnt care that i was passing them because they were busy laughing at my car sounding like a turd going by when it was open.

8. 71swing

Here a picture to kinda of give you the idea I'm talking about. Hope that helps. You could simply flip the wastegate to face up or move it up to use for the 90* back to the down pipe.

009.jpg #ad

9. JOHN 86GT

71swing,

Thanks !