1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

pics of forward facing turbo set-ups

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by TURBOCHEVYII, Apr 17, 2006.

1. TURBOCHEVYII

looking to see if anyone has any pics, prefer stock front end cars. looking to get some ideas thanks. :2thumbs:

2. Unatural

Here's a few.

8urls1.jpg #ad

Inda10s 2.jpg #ad

Turbo50Mike.jpg #ad

TwinTurboStrokr.jpg #ad

Dan's motor.jpg #ad

Tim Lynch street car 3.jpg #ad

3. TURBOCHEVYII

thanks looking for some that are up in the grill with rad moved. :2thumbs:

4. Unatural

5. foxstanggt

Sweet, i've been kind of looking for something like those for awhile to get some ideas...looks like i'm going to try something different with mine. Thanks

6. Dr Cobra

7. xr8tt

An old pic with t3's
    [​IMG]#ad

8. DASHIP

Here's a pic of my setup. The pic is a few years old, so it looks a little cleaner now. I've included pics of the exhaust routing, so you can see how it is plumbed.

9. Unatural

Dan, where did you get those v band clamps on your exhaust? I like how they have the swivel part on them.

10. DASHIP

Yeah, those are the bomb. You anly have to loosen them a little bit before you can unlatch them, and then the nut stays with the clamp. Much faster and no lost lock-nuts. I got them from Burns Stainless. http://www.burnsstainless.com/

11. Grape Ape

Here's mine in a 78 Camaro. Might give you some idea's. I've got some pics of the manifolds that I made if they'll help any I can post them.

12. dragginwagon406

Post them???? Yours are what I used for inspiration. :scratch: :hmm:

13. Grape Ape

They are made from sched. 40 weld els. For flanges, I found it cheaper to buy an entire big tube header kit with adapter flanges, then is was to buy the flanges separate. The turbo & waste gate flanges I just made.

Next two are ground up ready for coating, which is Jet Hot 2000. The manifold (if anyone wants to know) were $190 to have coated inside and out, the exhaust housings were $65 each for the ouside only. Prices may have changes since 2003.

The waste gates aren't in the best position, but they work fine. I noticed that at 7 psi, boost creeps up to about 10 at 6000 rpm, so if you'd want to run lower boost, they would have to flow better or use larger exhaust housings (these are .69). I only ran 7 psi while I was tuning, it runs good at 15psi on pump gas and they flow good enough to keep it there.

14. dragginwagon406

I was not kidding :2thumbs:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad