1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Pics of alternater brackets with electric water pump and no power steering

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by 90whitepony, Sep 11, 2006.

1. 90whitepony

Just like it says what are you guys using I have a march alternater kit and it looks like they sell anouther kit but its over 200 can I just add an idler pulley in there and post any pics of how you guys have it set up.

2. Bellman Jeff

Here's the one that I made up, using the March setup as a model.. As you can see, I used a stock 5.0 idler pulley..I cut the main bracket out of a piece of scrap 3/8 inch thick aluminum plate.. Seems like I had to buy a couple of extra long 5/16 bolts (can't remember their lenth).. And made spacers out of 3/8 OD brass pipe..

They wanted some rediculous price for the March setup..

3. 90whitepony

Thats kinda what I was thinking of doing but I am gonna have to put the idler up a little higher cause I dont have the other pump there