1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Intercooler options and mounting locations

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by SvrdRam, Jan 25, 2011.

1. SvrdRam

Trying to get some ideas on whether to go A/A or A/W and where to mount on my 91 LX. Engine bay is completely shaved and smoothed. I was thinking about a rear spare tire mount intercooler tank and mounting the A/W cooler under the drivers side front corner...I'm running a BG twin hot side..

PS I should also mention that I don't have access to the car for the next 3 weeks so I'm just trying to figure as much out without the car in front of me. Thanks!

2. SvrdRam

1000hp pump gas race tune street car with a 800hp tune for street use. Cars 80% street use 20% track duty. Car is bare bones, no heat, a/c, power steering and brakes. 408w with twin 76s. Hmmm...think that about sums it up.

3. SvrdRam

Yea, thats kinda what I was thinking. With my math I'm gonna be flowing around 700/800cfm and haven't had much luck finding any nice a/w coolers expect for on frozenboost. Anyone know I could find some nice ones?

4. svojohn

5. SvrdRam

Yea, I've checked out the chiseled performance ones but they're over kill for my setup. I'm not worried about making my own. I've been welding for the last 14 years and in high school I was the top 10 in the state for high school/ college level. What has me stumped the proper technique with building a A/W ic...I've done and A/A but the water chamber throws me for a loop.

6. SvrdRam

Nvm I just found a picture of a liquid core...didn't know they were that different.

7. SvrdRam

I was checking out the PT1000 but what's the diff between the cast and sheet metal endtanks as far as durability?

8. SvrdRam

Does anyone have any pics of a fenderwell mounted intercooler?