1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Pic of HP's intercooler on SN95

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by BlackMagic94, Dec 31, 2003.

1. BlackMagic94

Finally took a pic of how the front mount looks on a 94 GT

2. fastedos1999

whoa, be careful with the parking lot curbs!!

3. BlackMagic94

I already had to be carefull before with the car being lowered.

4. flashbang756

:tu: Nice! I just ordered my kit for my '95 from HP today. Can't wait to get it installed.:D

5. BlackMagic94

Sweet, if you need any advise on the install let me know.

6. flashbang756

I may need some when the time comes!;)

I'll be running the 60mm. I already have a Walbro 255 in tank. Do I still need an inline?? I meant to ask today when I ordered but forgot.

7. TwinturbostangMark

Looks good but if you flip the clamps it would look alot cleaner! Just my 2cents

8. CopMagnet

Cool, I mocked mine up on my 91 tonight with the nose in place and it fits up and hidden not hanging low like some of the others which is nice :)

9. Snipe656

Is the IC angled or is that just how it looks because of the fins and the bumper cover?

10. mclfln

I would be more than a little upset if I spent the money for a turbo kit and the piping was hanging down low like that. Is there anything you can do to fix it?

11. Snipe656

Is that just because this is the first kit and maybe a "prototype"? Or is it the first SN95 kit, I thought you said it was, I apologize if I am remembering wrong.

12. BlackMagic94

I have no problems with the way it looks and buy the way if you didnt notice i am laying on the ground looking up at the car.

13. mclfln

I didn't mean any offense to you or to your car, your car looks awesome. But that intercooler piping is clearly hanging very low. That is poor design in my opinion.

14. Snipe656

Doesn't it hang low on the Fox cars to?

15. BlackMagic94

Well if you have a better idea bout how to route the piping without cutting the front of the car up then feel free to go and market your own SN95 kit. I love how people always have to be hating against something they don't have.

16. lightweight

17. Snipe656

I am not hating at all, that next picture looks great, the first one looks like something is not right on how it is in there since I am sure that is not how it is designed to be. People usually are not jealous of things they personally consider eye sores, I am sure you are quite happy with how it is though, just one or two people in here have commented that they would not like that on their car that way.

lightweight, thanks for the picture of the other car.

18. mclfln

Whoa, I didn't want this to be this kind of post. Let's try to keep this an informative/objective post. This is a kit feedback section.
    I have seen other kits that don't have the intercooler piping hanging so far down. As far as you saying the HP kit not cutting the front of the car up, I have seen the pictures of the install and unless they have changed their design, the HP kit seems to cut up more of the car than the other kits on the market right now.
    You are obviously happy with your kit and it is making good power, for you that is all that matters. For the rest of us looking to spend 3 to 4 thousand on a kit and make a decision about what kit is designed the best, this kind of flaw is important to expose.

Sincerely,
    Matt McLaughlin

19. Snipe656

Yeah, I would like to apologize if I was taking it that way.

I am glad lightweight posted the other picture because it at least shows people that the IC does not hang that low on other cars so hopefully it just means something is off on this one car unless it is just a design change in the kits which I doubt. I am glad because people obviously will read these threads when thinking about buying a kit and some may not like the pipe hanging low and if they see it is not that way on others, then they may not dismiss a company as an option.

20. BlackMagic94

That is a Saleen bumper, hence it hangs lower than a stock SN95 bumper does. The intercooler took a whole 5 minutes to mount without any cutting to do so. You remove the hood hinge and bolt it to that bracket and that is it, but what would i know considering I am the only SN95 kit out there besides the pic you just showed which is actually a shop car.