1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

fuel comparison help

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by 99horse, Sep 30, 2008.

1. 99horse

Hey guys... any input on ' torco 118'.... instead of C16 ? our local track sells torco and i cant find specs ,even on torco website ... I dont want to screw up new car [corey's79cutlass] 406sbc S480 c&s carb.... I have heard-seen people use the torco 118 in place of C16.... what do ya'll think.. going tomarrow night to test&tune and need some fuel/would have to make a 50 mile special trip to get C16...think the torco 118 is compatiable ? torco also has a 116...I think the 118 is called torco nos118 :huh:

2. Pontiac4ever

No idea if its comparable, but if I were you I'd back the timing down a couple degrees and run the Torco. Keep an eye on your plugs for peppering and start bringing the timing back up to where it was assuming your not seeing any signs of detonation. Good luck! Also, the jetting in the carb could -possibly- need to be changed a little since the fuels likely have different specific gravities. Hope you have a WBO2 on the car.

Craig

3. jpicc

4. 99horse

ran the torco, track didnt have the nos118.. so I used torco 116... the lm1 was erratic to say the least.... :stupid: Im also learning to read the info.. so its a little confusing.. heres a basic question if anyone can help please... " is the air fuel ratio the same at different peak boost levels ?? in other words if my peak boost is #15, then make a change to boost controller.. will the AFR be the same at 20#boost..give-in everything remains the same ??? Im going to get myself C16 from now on ,I am willing to make a special trip to get it for the peace of mind :2thumbs: