1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Need help IDing borg warner turbo.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Turbohwagon, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Turbohwagon

Any ideas?

2. tchargers

It was 167736 when new. Looks like someone upgraded the compressor in it now

3. Turbohwagon

The guy trying to sell it to me says it's an 88mm compressor, but I have yet to see a BW with a 6 blade compressor, and my 80mm has 8 blades, which makes me wonder...

I'm going to measure the wheels when I see it tonight.

4. tchargers

A 88 will not fit in that housing. The biggest would be a 80mm and those make the housing very thin on the inlet. Yours looks like a 75mm to me.

5. Turbohwagon

So I got my hands on it, and it ended up having a Billet 76x109ish compressor wheel, and a 80x90ish turbine wheel. I was thinking the same thing Tchargers, since i know the housing is paper thin on my 80mm unit.

I guess it came from http://forcedinductions.com/ But I don't see any units with that size turbine on them. I got a LQ4 6.0 with it, and for the price I couldn't say no.

6. tchargers

Looks like a decent turbo for your app. And if the price was right I'd say you did good.

7. Turbohwagon

Which do you think flows more? The cast 80mm BW or this 76mm billet wheel?

8. tchargers

The 80 cast flows 120lbs/min. The 76 billet flows about 105lbs/min