1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

petition: E85 to be smog exempt in any state

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by dark star, Dec 20, 2011.

1. dark star

Here is a petition for Individuals who modify their vehicles to run on cleaner alternate fuels (E85, CNG, etc.) can apply to be smog exempt.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/individuals-who-modify-their-vehicles-run-cleaner-alternate-fuels-e85-cng-etc-can-apply-be-smog/XRhzHptF#thank-you=p

Go sign it! and pass it around to your most visited/local site

2. racesloth

I am not sure about putting our food in the tank and burning it. Ever look at how many foods corn is in? - I would be leary of signing any petition from the white house no matter who sat in the seat...

3. Zacharyx

Corn normally used for E85 production was never meant for human consumption, it was intended to feed livestock, and one of the by products of making ethanol is a high protein livestock feed.

4. antonmies

Back here in Finland one gas station chain launched RE85 fuel which is made fully of different grades of bio waste and the distilleries are built near / next to the plant which produces such waste. Usually next to large bakeries.
    Making E85 of any virgin food source such as wheat sucks big time
    Bio diesel back here is being made of palm oil produced in Asia. This is merely Governments 'green wash' and am against it.

5. otrtruckpro

here in Minnesota we are paid by the Osama administration to not to grow corn or anything else. Jail able offense if crops are in the ground. Personally I would rather make fuel to use and get away from the import oil, But I am a conservative and have no use tree hugging Nancy peloisi's queers

6. racesloth

And that is why I said "I would be leery of signing any petition from the white house no matter who sat in the seat"

7. turbostang500

This has been going on in ohio for a long time! I kinda want the same thing. Allow farmers being paid not to grow corn, to grow crops destined for ethanol production. This shouldn't take anything from our "food grade" corn currently being produced.

8. Zacharyx

In my home town the only station that sold E85 had people dropping by thanking him for driving up the price of Milk and eggs, so he installed another cooler and sold eggs for $.50 a dozen and Milk for $1.50 a gallon ( and made a profit on them).

9. BOOSTEDROK

Grow it in mexico, so we can pass smog, eat our own corn, and have cheap racegas at the pump!!! Lol.

10. turboventura

It does compete with food, but other crops like beets actually yield more ethanol an acre than corn. Bottom line fossil fuel won't last forever and we should be doing as much as we can to prepare for that.