1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Perkins Turbo Info Required... Cannot find much on it (pics inside)

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by phenomenon, Apr 30, 2008.

1. phenomenon

Long time reader, 1st time poster... let me say this site is an awesome wealth of information and great people.

That being said I require your assistance.

I have a Perkins turbocharger here with the number 147 on the compressor side and the exhaust side. Also a 03 inside a circle on the compressor side.

It's internally wastegated, 7" around and 9.5" long from inlet to exhaust. Inlet of compressor is 2 3/4" outlet is 2". Exhaust inlet is 2.5" and outlet is 4 1/4" x 2 3/4" (i think thats a T3 flange??)

The tag says:

P/N 2674A403
    S/N GE00152A

If anyone has info or knows where I may find info on it pls let me know.

2. phenomenon

3. phenomenon

4. 65ShelbyClone

It looks like a small Garrett GT series. If you can measure the inducer/exducer of the wheels, you can go on Garrett's site and identify it.

5. phenomenon

Looked on Garrett's web site and the turbo seems to be a GT3271. 52 trim with .5 A/R on the compressor --- 73 trim on the exhaust with .78 A/R.

This should be perfect for my Mazda 2.2L I4 then??

6. Turbohwagon

what did it come off of and where did you get that turbo?

7. 65ShelbyClone

Did you match it just from the picture or did you find a part number cross reference? Just because it looks like the one on the GT3271 page doesn't mean the specs are exactly the same. It sure looks like the same one, though....

8. phenomenon

I got it from a friend who got it from i don't know where but from what i have found it sounds as though it was off a Perkins diesel engine of some kind.

I figured out the size off the Garrett website by measuring the inducer and exducer as well as the shells.

It sure spins nice with just a hair of lateral shaft play.

I may be selling it though, found a sweet 327 chevy small block I might put in the truck instead of turboing it.

If your looking for a turbo let me know, I take paypal ;)

9. svooh

10. phenomenon

Whatever it's from it's in good shape and it's for sale for $400... FREE shipping to the USA and Canada! :banana:

11. phenomenon

Sweet... thanks for the info :D

12. phenomenon

13. defrag010

I saw that one on ebay last nite while I was browsing.. lol