1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Perfect size turbo and A/R for a single 306 setup?

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by 351coupe, Nov 13, 2006.

1. 351coupe

It's a street car,5 speed.What would be the perfect turbo on a h/c/i 306?I have a pt64e w/a 68A/R that needs a rebuild.Would it be too small?Would it run out of steem up top?Thanks for your input :)

2. denmah

the .68ar is what is killing you unfortunately.

that would be good for around 500hp

to answer you best, you would need to answer this question what is your hp goal?

3. 351coupe

I want the car to make 500 to the wheels.Will this turbo not do it?I looked at the specs online and it is rated at 700.

4. denmah

you should be able to use that turbo.

.68 just seems small to me. maybee some other members can check in?

5. jamheg1101

the .68 wii be just fine for your setup as long as you wanna make 500hp and not rev past 6500

6. 351coupe

Thanks for the info guys.If I send this thing into Persision to have it rebuilt,should I bite the bullet and get a bigger ar?I absolutly do not want any lag what so ever,make 500rwhp, and pull to my 6,200-6,300 redline.

7. jamheg1101

no do not get a bigger ar since you want the least amount of lag possible.

8. onefst86gt

I've got a 61mm precision with a .68 a r and its at full boost by 2500 and pulls all the way to 6500! I love mine and with a completely stock motor at 6 pounds it put down 389 to the wheels. More boost and if you have anything done to your motor then you should be at 500 easily. Mine even has stock intake and throttle body on it. I would say get the one that you have rebuilt and go with it. :2thumbs:

9. RobR

Your 64 with the .68 housing will meet your goals at 500 rwhp and BTW , a .68 housing is enuff to push a car into the 9's as we did with our car...... Good luck with your biuld Later Rob.R

10. 351coupe

:)Thanks a bunch guys.This car is actually my little brothers that I am planning and building.It's a forged 306w/girdle,Trickflo h/c/i,with the turbo I spoke of.Again,thanks for your help fellas ;)

11. denmah

lol all the girdle is good for is keeping the block from absolutely splitting in half and dumping the whole rotating assembly into the oil pan when it splits lol.