1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Need help piecing together 2005 mustang gt turbonetics kits

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by mikesebastiano, Aug 17, 2013.

1. mikesebastiano

Hello guys this is my first post so please bare with me. I recently bought a turbonetics kit off racing junk and beginning to piece together some of the required parts. Most of their kit is self explanatory, but I am only confused with one part. It says i need 2 52" water lines to attach to the turbo. I know they use 16mm banjo bolts to attach to the turbo, but im not sure what lines to buy? please help!!

2. jridenour31

Why don't you call Turbonetics and ask them what you need?

3. mikesebastiano

They quoted me $370+ for a pack of rubber hoses and I said that was ridiculous

4. jridenour31

Holy hell lol. Yeah, there's gotta be a better solution.

5. PrecisionTurboMustang

You should be able to get banjo fittings with hose barbs on them.

6. stangman9897

7. mikesebastiano

Ok thanks guys, I'm also missing 2 pipes for the kit and turbonetics is quoting me $1100 for the two. They are: the pipe that goes from the cats and curve back towards the turbo, and the second goes and connects the after turbo pipe back to the factory exhaust. Does anybody know how much a muffler shop would usually charge for those pipes ?

8. jridenour31

Lol nowhere near $1100. I wouldn't go to your average muffler shop for that. You're better off taking it to a performance shop that will do a good job with mandrel bends. Probably $2-350, depending on the mood they're in.