1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

pcv catch can set up?

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by one eyed willy, Jun 28, 2008.

1. one eyed willy

what route would i go with my hoses to do an effective system,to keep the oil out of my intake.

2. 03SVTCOBRA10TH

There are several ways, I am using the Hellion Hellraiser kit and what I will be doing is running lines from each valve cover via a PVC valve in each valve cover, to the fire wall, to the the Jaz mini breather tank, it has dual inlets and a petcock drine line on the bottom. I will run the drain line with petcock open, down to the oil air seperator tank that collects oil from the turbos (comes withthe Hellraiser kit, but a standard Jaz breather tank would also work). That way any crank pressure is vented to attmosphere and any oil gets pumped back to the oil pan fron the oil air seperator tank via the scavanger pump. Hope that helps.

3. notchstang92

I took the hose from PCV to intake off and didn't reuse it. This in on an 01 cobra intake. I put a hose from the PCV to the catch can then ran the other hose from the can to the intake. I didn't do the air compressor can though, I got a bigger one and some 3/8" rubber fuel hose and clamps. Its really easy to do and I thought the hardest part was mounting the can. The bigger the can the less options you have to do space. When I finish my Hellion install I am going to install a check valve as was recommended to do the boost pressure.

I haven't done a breather on the passenger side valve cover though, I read about a lot of guys blowing oil out of it and I don't want to make a mess of things. I like the post in here about running 2 PCV's and having both valve covers feed to a catch can setup. I may try that. I know Sean Hyland Motorsports sells some type of enclosed breather that absorbs everything then you only have drain the sponge and clean it. Thats an option I may look into.

4. yoteehunter

I just made my own can and put a industrial ball valve on the bottom with a cheap mr. gasket breather on the top. I simply ran hose from the pcv/valve cover to the can, its worked well every since. :welder:

DSCF0168.JPG #ad