1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Parachute Cable Handle/Cable Routing

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by FLBoostAddict, Nov 12, 2014.

1. FLBoostAddict

Need some assistance, especially from the True Street peeps on the board. I have a build thread on here, but for those unfamiliar, it is a 1990 Mustang GT.

Looking for pictures and ideas on how to mount & route the chute release cable thru the car and exiting out the rear bumper/facia. Car has 10-pt cage, so no overhead cross-member to attach a handle to. I believe I have decided on having the release handle located in the parking brake location on the factory console. For those street-driven cars, also curious what you do with the cable if you remove the parachute mount/chute for cruise-in's etc. I have a Donathan chute mount for reference.

Thanks.

2. 99TTGT

:encouragement:

rig chute.jpg #ad

ebrake chute.jpg #ad

3. Chris91LX

This is a project I'll be tackling also this winter. ^That's pretty cool, not sure I'd want to eliminate my E-brake after all the trouble I went through to make it work though.

4. 99TTGT

:coolio:

hurts.jpg #ad

tci.jpg #ad

5. FLBoostAddict

Thanks for the pictures. Saw those on the web while searching for suggestions. Local guy donated me a 2003 Cobra E-brake assembly, which isn't a 100% fit. The bolt pattern on the 99-04 cars is farther apart by a good 1" or so. I modified the handle by cutting off about 4" of the grip and actuating rod assembly to shorten it up some. Still debating whether I want push or pull type action.

6. Chris91LX

Great pics. Not sure I could do it that way either, my 3 yr old daughter would be constantly pulling that lever while I'm working on the car. :) I like the e-brake handle because it's stealthy but need to decide if the e-brakes are worth keeping or not. Decisions, decisions.

7. 93AlexCoupe

I used my e brake handle bc after I installed the dual rear caliper brakes, I lost the e brake. The cage builder modified the mechanism to work.