1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Own a Yamaha 650 Factory Turbo, now how about a 2 stroke? Help requested!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by eradicator, May 2, 2014.

1. eradicator

Guys,

I just joined this forum after seeing a ton of talent here and I'm hoping that some of you can help me. As the title indicates, I have a 650 turbo that I modified to run 18PSI up from the factory 11PSI. It runs fantastic and feels like you are being shot out of a cannon as the boost needle swings past 14PSI!

I have read various beginning of 2 stroke turbo projects including one on this forum where a guy started a turbo-gt750 suzuki water cooled two stroke triple but the thread ended with no indication if it ran or not. I have also read a blog about a guy Ian in the UK who was building a turbo H1 Kawasaki but he dropped the project for the summer.

Does anyone here know of a RUNNING turbo two stroke? I have several H2's, H1's GT's and would love to build one with a turbo.

Any help of even suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

erad

2. Mnlx

I have 3 running 2 stroke turbo'd snowmobiles.... 2 700 twins, and a 779cc triple.

3. eradicator

Where is the turbo connected? On a 2 stroke, they rely on the backpressure from the expansion chambers to refill the cylinders so is the turbo taking the place of the exp chambers or is it connected near the end of the exhaust?
    Thanks,
    erad

4. Mnlx

We are using the stock expansion chambers.... a single on the twin cyl, and triple on the triple cyl. We have been testing without expansion chambers, but don't have enough run time to say whether its works as well or not. My thoughts are that once it crosses the boost threshold the chamber is not doing much. I have seen proof that triples like multiple chambers.... a single on a triple doesn't make as much power. Assuming its because exh port timing, and overlap.