1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

overboosting problem which came out of no where.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by turbonotch88, Jan 21, 2012.

1. turbonotch88

Car was fine unfilled one day where I went wot and the boost spiked to 20lbs before that day it stayed at 10lbs.

The car has a fti hci set up with ported tws with some valvetrain, ported Victor 5.0 efi, custom cam.
    Bg kit with a mp t70, kit came with a turbo concepts wastegate, and tial bov.
    I have a 225 intank, a t Rex in line and 60lbers
    Car ran great prior to that day.

The car would shut off after overboosting due to no fuel I believe.

I believed it was the turbo concepts getting stuck so we fixed it and once i drove it, it happened again.

Off came the turbo concept wastegate and on went a brand new precision 46mm wastegate.
    The shop threw it on the dyno/drove it for 96 miles and nothing happened it was fine.

I pick it up and drive it home at night and some weird shit happened. I would go wot and shift my foot would be half way in throttle (car in gear might I add) and it didn't accelerate. I then feathered the throttle and all I hear/saw was the turbo spin and boost go up. Once i let go of the throttle it would shut off at times and sometimes not.

I dont get it we didn't change shit only other factor that changed was the weather up here.

Any input? I'm lost here.

When the shop drove it it was in the daytime for some reason when i drive it at night I get all the bugs?

2. slow67

I'd take of the wastegate and check it out.

3. turbonotch88

Its brand new but will do. do yo think that it could be the weather by any means causing this shit?

4. turbonotch88

crazy turn out with this problem... It was the coil that was broken somehow it was causing the overboost/shut off problems!

car is running great on 8lbs now!