1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Ordered my HP Performance Turbo Kit today cannot wait to get home

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by blow_me93, Apr 16, 2003.

1. blow_me93

Great customer support over the last 2 1/2 months that I have been talking to nathan at HP about the kit and everything. Now I just gotta wait to get out of the desert to put the bad boy on the nothc and also I am gonna take pics and post them and also when I get it dynoed when I get home I will post the dyno sheet and numbers and all that. That way more people can see this kit and also the numbers to it produces on my car.

I ended up going with T66 turbo also.

2. MORA

I thought you were buyning a BBK instacharger?

3. 88SSP

How much for the upgrade?

4. blow_me93

The upgrade is $500, but give Nathan an email at

This content is protected

I am sure he can help you out a lot and he is also a great guy to talk too.

5. 88SSP

Thanks. I'm going through the same thing you were a few months ago--ITS or HP. Still don't know. HP does come coated and complete, though.

6. blow_me93

One nice thing that I noticed with HP, is you get 42lb injectors, 75mm MAF, SN-95 electric fan that will work on a fox body stang, fuel pump, BOV, and deltgate. Also after the y pipe it goes into dual 3" pipes to hook up to your existing exhaust. But that is nice that is 3" so there all you have to do is hook up an H-pipe and then 3" race magnums like I am doing then dumping right before the axle

7. 88SSP

I guess if you add up the cost of all of the extra accessories, the HP kit is a no brainer. That and the power achieved with the kit is outstanding (as seen in MM&FF). I just wish I could afford it, now.

8. blow_me93

I got real lucky. Got sent to the desert back in Jan for an unkown time and I am still here. That is all tax free money plus the extra pay (Hostile Fire Pay). The big thing there is nothing to spend your monry on as long as you have no other bills back home. So far I have spent around $7k since I have been here on my car. Then I still have a little more to do. But it is nice and I understand where you are coming from because I could have never saved enough money back home with partying like I do:rockon:

9. 88SSP

No Partying here. Married (love it) + graduate student=BROKE

10. Barry D.

congrats, i'm sure you'll like it
    on another note, i've been wanting to put an sn-95 electric fan on my car but they are too much of a load on the fox body alternator and will kill it in no time b/c of the amperage. have they figured out a way to successfully run it or have they just not killed an alternator yet? if they know something i don't, such as how to hook it up on a 2G alt then share the info. :) i'll be converting asap...otherwise, i'm too cheap to buy a better alt. since mine works ok now

11. blow_me93

Barry D

I will address that question to Nathan unless he gets on here, then I will let you know

12. Snipe656

Besides the little bit of bs in the thread, figured this was better off in the turbo kit feedback section. :)

13. jimhp

Hey Barry D, we havent killed an altenator yet but I would suggest the 94-95 altenator as a great upgrade. We have tested the current draw with a Ferrit charging system analyzer, as well as a Fluke meter. On high speed the fan was drawing 30 amps but on low speed it was only drawing 7 amps. Low speed still moves more air then needed except under the most exteme circumstances. Feel free to ask any more questions take care and God bless.

14. blow_me93

When I get pics of the kit and a pic of it when it is installed I will make another post over in the turbo kit forum since you are a mod now you can probably move it over there if you want too though

15. Snipe656

Dude, I already moved this thread to there :p

16. blow_me93

Oh shit, Thanks man, like I said when I get home I will post the pics and everything else

17. fast red84

i odor my kit last monday for my fox body from them looking foward for part to get hear.

18. blow_me93

When you get it post some pics