1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Orange 66 fastback mustang

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 10secgoal, Aug 3, 2007.

1. 10secgoal

Gonna put another one of my kits on a classic mustang. this one is as pretty as the last. It was blown, but it's a show car with go and he he wanted something different. So it's going to get one of the new 65-66 kits. This ones a bit more complicated because of the lack of room compared to 67 and up mustangs and it retains ALL acc.

2. fede85gt

Nice, were is your shop located at, if you dont mind, Id like to stop by and check you work sat. 11 , im going to be in San Diego that day in the late afternoon.

3. ralphiejantz

man I love fastbacks, please post up a lot of pics of this one,
    Im not crazy about the color but I absolutely love that body style,
    what size motor and other details are on the car ?

4. 10secgoal

nah, it's cool. 10039 Prospect Ave Suite H Santee,Ca 92071
    I'll send you a PM with my Phone # incase you have trouble finding. Pretty easy though.

Really, I LOVE the color. Always wanted orange.
    It's a 347 roller with RPM heads. Custom hyd blower cam w/ vic Jr intake. It has a blo thru carb from a company (not a site sponsor) on it that never ran right. So I'll tinker with that. Sound like airbleeds are too small to me.Tweed interior with a rollbar to match the paint,including the racing stripes. Right now has a T-5 (poof) and an 8in with 3.80 gears ( poof). He thinks it'll last a while becasue he plans to take it easy. That might work fot the t-5, but I don't know about the 8in. Maybe if the tires are always spinning, maybe. :D
    I'll get some more pics up.

5. Unatural

6. 302andsome

badass car there for sure

7. pudster1

WOW FU*KING HOT :drool2: :jdp:

8. dpbluestang

Not usually a fan of orange, but I like it on this car a lot! Pretty sharp. It matches the engine hoist too, nice :D

9. 10secgoal

Got some more. Waiting for the customer to drop me the turbo.

10. 66Notch

Man I think I may need a set of those headers for my 66. I was going to go with mustang II stuff but I already have the stock front end rebuilt. Hmmm.

11. Turbohwagon

thats a tight squeeze... you can trim off about an inch of shock tower bump if you dont want to go with a Mustang II setup, unfortunately that car has a very nicely painted engine bay...

What is that oil filter housing off of?

12. 10secgoal

It's a ford motorsport 90 deg filter adapter. It's a tight squeeze alright. The motor sits a little to the left in his car so I need to fix that. And the tower are 1/2in too close. So it's making everything a pain.Only have maybe 1/4 in in alot of places to beging with before

Save the money from parts and labor and get a DART :D. And some roller perches for the stock front end.

I have more pics, camera doesn't want to load though.

13. 10secgoal

More better, camera worky now. :chacha:

14. ralphiejantz

man I absolutely love fastbacks please keep the pics coming

15. Dan Schoneck

nice car man :2thumbs:

16. 10secgoal

Just wish it was mine. :'(

17. jeepwilson

I want one of them :D

18. efrascon

Hi, where are you going to put the intercooler, i have a 66 muxtang with an sn93 paxton an will upgrade to a procharger (enclosed is a photo of the procharger mounted in the car) and I`m looking for ideas where to put the intercooler.
    Thanks

19. 10secgoal

Car isn't going to run one. It'll only see 9psi. Your going to have a hard time fitting one with the fox radiator. I'd either go methanol injection or air to water intercooler.

20. 10secgoal

here are some pics of the waste gate tube and other progress that has been made

working on the cold side now so check back in a hour or so.