1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Opinions Wanted: Wastegate/BOV Color

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by adynes, Apr 14, 2008.

1. adynes

Hello,

I would like your opinions, as the title states. Attached is a pic of the car, a 77 T/A. Color is Viper Blue. I am thinking about using the new Turbosmart Ultragate 38's. They are only available in blue and 'sleeper black'. I like the looks of the blue one, but I think it would be too much with the paint color. The black one almost looks too plain though. This is a tough one. Any thoughts?

Engine_bay.JPG #ad

TS-UG38-1.jpg #ad

TS-RP-BOV1.jpg #ad

2. sdce

Blue....go for the color match.

3. Robert1320

Just me I would go for performance over color any day.

How big is that poncho?
    Are you going to run a couple of them?

Take a look at the JGS 40mm's.
    There only come in black just perform.

http://jgsturbo.com/index2.html

4. adynes

I'm going after both. She's gotta look good and put out!

Still debating whether to stay with the 3.75 crank and piece together a low buck 406, or go for the 4.00" stroke forged crank Butler assy. for 434ci (or so). The price difference may be small enough that the step-up will be worth it, but every upgrade adds up.
    Yes I will be running two of the 38's, 1 per side w/ 2 Precision SC61's.

It's currently an all cast late 70's 400 with Megasquirt. PonchoGrenade???

5. Robert1320

Chrome don't get you home..... ;)

If your motor is in the 400ish get at least 38~40mm especially
    if you want to run low boost.