1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

opinions on sway bars and drag racing.

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by bk_cauley, Dec 22, 2010.

1. bk_cauley

my car is 80/20 % street car. in favor of street. would you guys run a sway bar up front or not?

2. turbofreek

Lots of winding roads? Significant covering? Spool in the rear? Those would play a factor for a front sway bar.

3. bk_cauley

our roads are pretty curvy but not like a mountain pass or anything. and i have a stock style locker. and you lost me on the covering thing..

4. chiaj144

I run one but take the link out at the track so it doesn't work.

5. mayer5oh

if you dont plan on racing down windy roads, i wouldnt worry about it. actually i ran my old car with pro kit springs all around, with lakewood shocks and no front sway bar and it still didnt handle poorly. hes right about the spool tho, once i put that in with the soft coilovers in the front and sticky tires itd get a little sketchy

6. blown385

I took it off my truck . ( I think it weighed like 40lbs :doh: ) ...................... I didnt like they way it drove at all . Then put the antiroll bar on it and its never driven better .

7. turbofreek

cornering, damn phone self edits to its liking. :bang:

8. Turbohwagon

I put a bigger one on my car, but i havn't been to the track in awhile. With the turbo on it, it was way too much of a handfull to drive with 40+ year old parts still in it...

9. LowBoostinT76

I dont run one and dont miss it at all. For having complete drag suspension and no swaybars the car really doesnt handle that bad at all. The most i notice with it not having a sway bar is when you steer back and forth one direction then the other. Thats when i notice it. But around corners the car stays pretty flat without it. But i dont drive like alot of these jackasses out there and take corners at 70mph. Im just not into that shit, especially on the street.