1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Opinions on options

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Mack10, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Mack10

Hey guys I’m new to the forum but I’ve read a little bit here and there over the years. I’m finally getting around to building a turbo ls c10. I was wanting to go with a blow through carb setup so I don’t have to run an intercooler. My question is since I already have a carb intake could I use a super sniper or something similar without an intercooler? I don’t plan on running much boost maybe 15psi at most.

2. koboldwrangler

Unless you have phenomenal knock control or are going to use meth injection, you are 100% going to need an intercooler.

3. 91turboterror

if you using a EFI like the super sniper on top of the carbed intake you should run an intercooler.

4. B E N

You can run the super sniper, you will get all the cooling you would from a carb. If you can run e85 it will be fine.

An intercooler is relatively inexpensive in a build like this, opens up the tuning window, makes more power on less boost. A cheap ebay one will do ok since you aren't lighting the world on fire.

91turboterror likes this.