1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Opinions of ladder bars on the street.

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by Mnlx, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Mnlx

My current project is a 1946 ford pickup, and will have a 2001 ranger sub, or custom frame with ladder bars, and must II front. My goals are to be able to drive it a few thousand miles a year, and run a mid to low ten second et. I have the ladder bars, and most of the Must II parts, but the leafs with cal tracs seem to work well, and the ranger sub looks like it'll work well. So my questions would be are the ladder bars be worth the effort, and how street friendly are they? I'm not looking for great ride quality, but would like it to be reliable, and fun to drive almost daily when wanted.

Thanks

2. TDmkr496

I have them on my Chevelle and it rides pretty good, but they are noisy. Just depends on what's more important, going fast or ride quality. You can make leafs work there are plenty of fast cars out there. If its going to be more of a driver than a racer I would probably go with leafs

3. Mnlx

Thank you, it will only make it to the track a max of 6 times per summer. It is going to be more of a driver, than racer, and I was leaning towards leaf springs, or a 4 bar similar to a fox rear susp.

4. Rickracer

I have run ladder bars on the street, a little rough and noisy compared to stock leafs, but they handle better than leafs too, so it's worth it. A triangulated 4 link, a la Mustang, G-body, etc., would give you the best of both worlds.