1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

so I need some help i cant find anything

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by BAD_GT, May 21, 2010.

1. BAD_GT

I cant find anything on this turbo :bang:...its probably way to big for my 4.6 but if anyone can supply some info it would be greatly appreciated...

it is a garrett turbo the compressor a/r is .60 and exhaust a/r is 1.34

anyone know what trim or mm this thing is? also the power limits on it?

2. MONTEGOD7SS

Uhhhh, how are we supposed to figure out what it is with nothing but two AR figures? You need to get some model info off of the stamp or take it all apart and measure both wheels. Just going by the exhaust AR only, it will probably be too big for a 4.6 on the exhaust at least.

3. BAD_GT

sorry stamp says
    Detroit diesel
    mdl TMF5102
    p/n R23508410
    s/n X6102g B1203......the g could possibly be a 6...the tag is pretty worn

4. MONTEGOD7SS

It has a 69.1mm compressor wheel, which is pretty good for a 4.6L, but the hot side is going to be way too big IMO. Hopefully one of the turbo vendors here can give you some more info on the hotside.

5. stangman9897

A 1.34 exhaust will be to big for a mod motor, it would be hard to spool it on a 4.6 . jmo