1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Open up my Tial wastegate...

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Spool4days, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Spool4days

How do I set the diagphram back in the groove? Looks like the collar is removable, I have it soaking in WD40 overnight. Should I be able to pry it off, then squeeze it down on the edge of the diagphram?

Tial38mmGate 005 (Medium).jpg #ad

Tial38mmGate 003 (Medium).jpg #ad

2. Spool4days

No one has done one of these?

3. Drlee50

i never disassembled it al the way like that. that dont look good! i wouldnt have used wd40 on it either.. i guess try a tiny screwdriver but if you put a hole in it, its toast

4. Spool4days

Thanks for your suggestion, I had already tried a screwdriver and the aluminum doesn't like it. I stopped as soon as I saw it start to dent, but I havent progressed since. Any one know the correct method to replacing the diaphragm on the Tial wastegate?

5. Spool4days

N E one?

6. Spool4days

gettin' closer...

http://www.tialsport.com/video.html

Seems the video doesn't work. I sent an email to Tial so I'll let you all know what they say in case any of you wreck your gate like I did.

7. Agent86

8. Spool4days

Thanks Agent but I tried that link and it wouldn't play on my computer. I got a response from a TiAL rep though:

Hello,

You should not be able to remove the diaphragm from the spring cup. On top of that you will not be able to reinstall it.

You best be would be to order a new spring cup (we do not sell the diaphragm separate)

You can find them here: http://store.forcedperformance.net/...e_Code=FP&Product_Code=TID&Category_Code=TiAL

Regards,

Jake
    TiAL

Funny thing is, my Mitsubishi buddy always told me about Forced Performance products and I never thought to check their site for parts I might need, thought it was Mitsu only.