1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

boost sensor for LM-1

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by jim wingo, Nov 8, 2009.

1. jim wingo

what kind of sensor could i use to log boost on my LM-1
    i have the RPM converter, and it has add. inputs for signals less than 5 volts-i use a map sensor, would like to log it, but not sure which lead to use, gonna see if i can find the wiring dia.
    i also have the elect fuel pressure gauge, would be nice to log that, might ck with Autometer
    anyway, back to the orig question, anyone logging boost, and what sensor, and if used a resistor to reduce the voltage
    would be cool to download all and overlay on the computer

2. Geddy2112

I bought a LMA3 which has a Map sensor in the unit and also has the caplability to log 5 other sensors. I was able to log IAT, RPM, G meter, fuel pressure, boost and driveshaft speed. I believe the rpm converter can do the same.

3. Hemann

I loged boost and fuel pressure with the LM-1 and RPM converter. I will look tonight on how I have it wired.

4. SprayedSDime

Similar question:

I have the LM-2 with the nifty analog cable. Can I just wire that into my MAP sensor I use for my boost timing box to record boost?

5. jim wingo

i was kind of looking at that on mine, i run a 2 bar sensor, and ck'ed it today and the MSD box is supplying 5v's to it, but dont know if bridging the sig would cause a problem-Innovate sells a map sensor that you could use, it says it accepts 5 or 12 volts, 5 v's output
    a guy offered me a used Aux Box, which has the stuff built into it, and plugs right into my LM-1, so i might just get that

6. BlownShovel

That's the route I went on the shovel. LM1+Aux

7. 04mx

I use the msd dig 7 box and split the output wire from the map to my rpm converter seems to work fine .

for the tps sensor i used a 5v regulator
    0 to 36v input and 5v out

reg1.jpg #ad

8. Hemann

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5561&highlight=map

http://hhscott.com/93tmv/3-bar_map.htm

Couple of pages that should help with the map sensor. Looks like the center wire (B) on a GM map sensor is the the wire that goes to the RPM cable.

You will need a 5 volt input for the map sensor. You could jump off the fuel pressure gauge.

The blue wire on my Autometer FPG is going to the RPM cable.

The wires going to the sensor are: Ground, 5 volt constant, variable for the sensor signal.

The Innovative forums has a lot of info.

9. jim wingo

i fire my LS engine with an MSD 6010, and it has a map sensor, i ck'ed the voltage and it has 5v's going to it, so i prob could have used the center wire for the signal-a guy offered me an Innovate Aux Box at a good deal shipped, so i bought it, should be here today
    it has some int sensors, plus can read some temps, so i can log the air intake temp in the hat
    just something else my non computer mind will have to fig out, lol
    they talk about using atmosphere vs just boost readings and how to do it, i guess i'll fig it out, at least better than the vacume thing
    (aprx 2" of vac to pull 1 psia of pressure, that about drove me crazy, lol)

10. blown385

Interesting .

I wonder if this will work with my Altronics . Right now I'm using this sensor . But I would love to log other pressure with it if I can use the Digi 7 MAP wire .

[​IMG]#ad

11. jim wingo

Hemann, i am using the Autometer FP gauge, the one with the sensor, with a plug in cable to the gauge, 35 lbs i think-so that has a 5 v output?
    i'll have to ck that out, would be something i could use